The division's duties include the collection of delinquent taxes and working with property owners, account holders, tax lien purchasers, and other interested parties in the following areas:
- Real Estate Taxes
- Manufactured Home Taxes
- Personal Property Taxes
- Bankruptcy Cases
- Administering Tax Lien Sales
- Foreclosure Cases
- Judicial Sales: Delinquent and Pro-Rated Taxes
When you call our office we will help you with the following:
- Explain your tax bill.
- Suggest any tax reductions for which you might qualify.
- Frank, confidential discussion on all payment alternatives.
- Monthly payment plans available for delinquent and unpaid current taxes. These plans give you time to get back on your feet while stopping further interest and penalties from being added.
- We will work with you in every way possible to help you address your tax delinquency.
- Explain the process if you would like to appeal a penalty.
The following is a list of the services and duties of the Delinquent Tax Division at the Franklin County Treasurer's Office.
Ask how to set up a payment plan to pay Delinquent Taxes.
Tax Lien Sale
Find out about our annual tax lien sale. We have information for taxpayers and potential buyers.
Learn how our office handles bankruptcy cases.
Learn how our office handles tax foreclosures.
Request for Penalty Remission
Learn how to dispute a late fee that you do not agree with. Please Note: Penalty Forgiveness is also known as Penalty Remission and Penalty Remittance.
Additional Delinquent Tax Information
If you would like more information, contact us at:
Delinquent Tax Division
373 South High Street, 17th Floor
Columbus OH, 43215
e-mail the Treasurer