Steps for Homeowners
- Stay in your home for as long as possible the mortgage company nor the surrounding community want you to have an abandoned home.
- Respond to the court in the 28 day period. Failure to respond could speed up the process.
- Contact your mortgage company's loss mitigation department.
- Document all correspondence including verbal.
- Meet with a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency.
- If lender refuses payments, keep the money in a separate account and don't use it to pay other bills. It will give you power to show your ability to pay at some point in the workout process.