High ethical standards are critical to maintaining the public's trust in the investment profession. As steward of the public funds belonging to the citizens of Franklin County, and the members of the Investment Team abide by the following ethics policy:
- We will act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect and in an ethical manner with the public, county administrators, county officials, co-workers, other county employees, the Investment Advisory Commission, colleagues in the investment profession, our auditors, the Office of Budget and Management, and our banking and investment partners.
- We will place the integrity of the money we manage above our own personal interests.
- We will use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgment when conducting investment analysis, making investment recommendations, taking investment actions and engaging in other professional activities.
- We will promote good accounting standards and will uphold the rules of investing as defined in our investment policy, the Ohio Revised Code, and any other applicable Federal Laws.
- We will not conduct any personal business activity that could conflict with the proper execution and management of the investment program, or that could impair our ability to make impartial decisions.
- We will not use the authority or influence of the office to secure anything of value or the promise or offer of anything of value that would create an improper influence upon any investment decision made.
- We will fully comply with all ethics requirements as outlined in Chapter 102 of the Ohio Revised Code.
If you have questions regarding our Ethics policy, please contact us at Treasurer@franklincountyohio.gov.